Powered by Blogger.

A substitute for pumpkin pie?

>> Friday, November 22, 2013

I found this recipe for New York Cheesecake. It is a crust-free version, which immediately attracted me for the GF purposes. It was my husband's birthday yesterday and he loves cheesecake. I decided to make this for him for his birthday. I also decided to modify it a little bit to see if I could make a pumpkin cheesecake for Thanksgiving to maybe replace pumpkin pie. (I hate pumpkin pie. I'd rather eat chalk.)

Results? Fantastic.

Here's what I did:

Kept the recipe the same but reduced the sour cream to one cup and replaced the other cup with pumpkin. I then added a tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice. Follow instructions as directed. 

It wasn't overly pumpkin-y and the lemon helped cut some of the heaviness. I highly recommend it! We will definitely be having this instead of pie. Mmmmmm!

I suck and forgot to take a picture before it was devoured and desroyed. So here is a photo of the NY Cheesecake. Photo Credit: What2Cook

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP