Powered by Blogger.

Muddy Buddies

>> Saturday, November 30, 2013

I boycotted anything to do with shopping on Thanksgiving or Black Friday. Why you may ask? I guess you couldn't say I was boycotting as it was just laziness. That and I didn't want to get trampled to death. I don't find dealing with crowds the least bit appealing. I find staying in my pajamas and having Amazon deliver my Christmas gifts to be the best kind of holiday shopping. (Plus no sales tax! Bonus!)

So far this long weekend has not been too eventful with the exception of making Muddy Buddies. (Really exciting huh?) I enjoyed a little break from school and spent it eating this divine treat and reading non-textbook books.

I think I really shed a small tear when I found out Muddy Buddies are GF. The combination of crunchy with peanut butter, chocolate, and powdered sugar is straight heaven for me.

Here is the recipe courtesy of Chex and General Mills:


9 cups Rice Chex
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, divided

Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Once melted add vanilla. Pour over Rice Chex and stir evenly. In a bag, place 3/4 cup of powdered sugar in a zip-top bag. Pour in chocolate covered Chex. Place remaining 3/4 cup of powdered sugar over top and close bag. Shake vigorously to ensure all of the Chex are coated with powdered sugar. Serve!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP