Powered by Blogger.

Dry-brined Turkey Results

>> Thursday, November 28, 2013

It's about 8:00 pm on Thanksgiving day and the four of us (me, husband, and dogs) are full beyond belief. The sweat pants were busted out a few hours ago. I don't want to think about food for at least two days.

Thinking and writing about food are about the same, but I still feel compelled to give my two cents on the dry-brine.

Pros:

1. It was moist.
2. Relatively easy to do.
3. Everyone loved it.
4. If you like crispy skin, the skin was very crisp.
5. Less messy than a wet brine

Cons:

1. It still takes about as much time to dry-brine as it does to wet brine.
2. While the meat is juicy, not much flavor is imparted on it. I'm thinking about adding herbs along with the salt to give it more oomph.
3. We have a side-by-side refrigerator....needless to say it took up precious real estate in our fridge for a few days.


So as you can see, I found more pros than cons with this method. I think we will continue to do it if we are fortunate enough to cook for everyone again.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP